Warehouse Technician - Turtle Lake, WI
Puris – Turtle Lake
105 Maple St. S
Turtle Lake, WI 54889
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Warehouse Technician you are responsible for operating plant systems which include warehouse, sanitation, and packaging operations. Warehouse Technicians perform critical roles which greatly affect the quality and safety of Puris finished product. Close attention to detail and the ability to identify problems and make adjustments are key in this role. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Warehouse Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Technicians must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows all plant safety policies and procedures
- Completes product handling documentation in packaging and warehouse roles
- Safely performs product handling with use of forklifts or pallet jacks
- Complete all documentation as required
- Troubleshoot system issues and make necessary adjustments
- Ensure product quality by adhering to all food safety programs and good manufacturing practices (GMP).
- Perform light maintenance and upkeep on equipment
- Ensure hygiene zones are maintained to proper standards at all time
- Perform and document all daily sanitation, and master sanitation duties as scheduled
- Immediately report equipment issues or down time to Lead
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- GED or high school degree
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in warehouse operation
- Experience operating fork trucks and electric pallet jacks
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience\
- Demonstrate competencies: Dependability, Attention to Detail, Analytical Thinking, Cooperation, Team Work, Adaptability, Independence
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP