VP of Operations - Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis, MN Headquarters
811 Glenwood Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The VP of Operations is responsible for the leadership, management and execution of all operations and supply chain activities in the fast-growing Healthy Food Ingredient Business. You will lead the safety culture of the business by putting People Safety and Food Safety as the highest priority. You will provide leadership and development of the operations team through teaching, training, succession planning and mentorship programs utilizing the Topgrading Methodology to recruit 100% “A” Players. You will drive continuous improvement throughout the operations and supply chain organizations to maintain PURIS as the lowest cost/highest quality protein product.
The VP of Operations must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Continuous improvement for safety, food safety, production and order to delivery
- Cost of Goods responsibility aligned with overall P&L Management
- Responsible to develop and implement Supply Chain Capabilities including but not limited to Production Output, Purchasing/Procurement, Demand Planning, S&OP, Logistics, Inventory Management, Order Fulfillment & Customer Service
- Responsible to lead the Supply Chain Team, understanding the talent needs, gaps and team dynamic
- Works in lock step with PURIS Seeds Team, Origination Team and Plant Operations team to work towards operational excellence
- Operational Leadership and execution working cross functionally with Finance, Sales & Marketing and R&D to align on business strategy, designing systems to complete as planned
- Leads the concepts of Asset Based Maintenance throughout Organization
- Drive solutions to continually improve Operations and Supply Chain systems to support rapid growth within total production scale of business
- Responsible for documenting the Continuous Improvement plan and Supply Chain Processes and related processes that support aspects of operations, supply chain and logistics.
- Responsible to Attract, Retain and Develop the Operations team comprised of, plant managers, safety leadership, food safety leadership, inbound logistics, outbound logistics, warehousing, inventory, customer service representatives, demand planner and commercialization leads and others
- Demonstrates ability to generate and execute strategies across the organization
- Demonstrates results in organizational effectiveness, project management and change management
- Adaptable and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving work environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Responsible for trouble shooting customer problems and driving solutions from seed to order fulfillment, working cross functional with all departments of PURIS
- Responsible for team cohesiveness and building a dynamic team to drive the strategic operations plan
Required Education and Experience:
- Food, Supplement, Pharma or Medical device manufacturing experience
- Practiced Leadership (5+ Years) in Major (complicated) Food Manufacturing (Best Case Grains)
- Practiced leadership (5+ Years) in people safety and food safety
- Practiced leadership (5+ Years) in Reliability Maintenance
- Multiple years of Management experience leading a supply organization
- Bachelor’s degree; Engineering degree a plus
- Relevant training within Supply Chain or Credentials a plus
- Food Safety technical experience or certifications (HACCP, HARPC, PCQI, SQF Practitioner) a plus
- People Safety Experience utilizing Behaviors Based Concepts
- Previous accountability for departmental/company P&L with demonstrated experience in profitability management
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management, financial analysis, project management, and personnel management
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Leader able to predict and position team
- Team builder and operator
- Various levels of 3rd party training (Six Sigma, Lean, Leadership, etc.)
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP