Production Supervisor/Shift Team Lead - Turtle Lake, WI
105 Maple St. S
Turtle Lake, WI 54889
PRODUCTION TECHNICIANS / OPERATORS
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The Team Lead is responsible for providing overall leadership for all processing positions to ensure Safety, Quality, and Production objectives are achieved. The Team Lead is the front line leader within the plant and is critical in the development of all production personnel.
This position will provide operations with technical support, guidance, and training which is crucial towards implementing and measuring benchmarks to achieve optimum plant performance. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Team Leads must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Team Leads must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership to all process Technician and Operator positions within the plant and monitors / measures daily performance against pre-determined goals
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting
- Optimize daily output and staffing for assigned shift
- Drive continuous improvement through focus projects for plant operations
- Develop methods and procedures designed to improve production
- Work closely with Plant Manager to develop metrics for operator performance and provide feedback to staff through frequent coaching
- Work closely with Plant Manager to ensure safe operating practices are followed
- Work closely with Quality Department Personnel to improve & maintain product quality & food safety
- Train and qualify new hires for all plant positions
- Implement cost saving projects
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Degree in technical, engineering or other relevant field highly preferred
- 3+ years of proven experience in a similar leadership role required
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Leadership and Organizational abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Demonstrates ability to lead and integrate safety into manufacturing activities.
- Familiarity with processing equipment; pumps, motors, horizontal decanter centrifuges, and drying systems
- MS Office Proficient
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety preferred
- OSHA 10 certification a plus
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP