Shift Team Lead - Randolph, MN
4620 284th St East
Randolph, MN 55065
2nd Shift 3pm – 11pm Monday thru Friday
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Production Shift Lead at PURIS you are responsible for providing overall leadership for all processing positions to ensure Safety, Quality, Critical Control Variables (CCV’s) and Environmental objectives are achieved. You will provide operations with technical support, guidance and training which is crucial towards implementing and measuring benchmarks to achieve optimum plant performance. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Production Shift Leads must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Production Shift Leads must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Provide supervision to all process operator positions and monitors / measures daily performance.
- Provide technical assistance / troubleshooting for operators.
- Develop methods and procedures designed to improve production.
- Work closely with Production Supervisor to develop benchmarks for operator performance measurements.
- Work closely with Production Supervisor / Safety Leader to ensure safe operating practices are followed.
- Train and qualify new hires for plant operator positions.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, associate’s degree in industry related field preferred
- At least 3 years of manufacturing experience required
- Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred, but will train the right candidate
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Leadership and Organizational abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic maintenance knowledge and ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Must possess a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead and integrate safety into manufacturing activities
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety preferred
- OSHA 10 certification a plus
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.