Seed Sales Specialist - Randolph, MN
4620 284th St. E, Randolph, MN 55065
VP OF PURIS GRAINS
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The PURIS Seed Specialist is responsible for the marketing, selling and brand awareness of PURIS seed offerings. The role encompasses business strategy development, profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities, market assessment, and producer support. The Seed Specialist is expected to meet or exceed sales goals while maximizing profit, and driving toward growth and success, while representing the core values of PURIS: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership. This position requires cross-functional leadership and strong partnerships with sales, leadership team, and growers. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Seed Specialists must adhere to all safety policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Conducts direct sales of seed offerings to PURIS producers
- Identifies and recruits new producers
- Monitors production fields across PURIS growing corridors
- Develops budgets and implements sales programs to increase market share
- Works closely with PURIS staff to develop sales and marketing of PURIS seed products
- Manages producers and prospects
- Identifies growth opportunities and develops sales techniques to overcome objections from potential producers
- Communicates with PURIS management on seed market share growth development plans and results
- Develops weekly sales reports
- Provides producers with technical/ agronomy service and problem solving capabilities
- Assists with distribution to producers which would include delivering PURIS seed and other products
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Business Ag, Horticulture or equivalent; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to visualize and pursue aggressive growth opportunities with producers
- Knowledge of Agronomics including fertility, precision ag, seed, weeds, insect, plant diseases, and other pests
- Knowledge of ag-retail: products, procurement of products, seasonality, facilities/equipment capabilities, etc.
- General knowledge of grain marketing including end use market, railroads, various grain contracts, and grain terminology
- Strong knowledge of farming operations (equipment, finance, grain marketing, risk management, crop insurance, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking
- Ability to collect, analyze, compile, interpret and distribute various reports
- Ability to determine and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid and logical conclusions
- Continuous improvement mindset to evolve business and processes
- Excellent public relation skills and phone etiquette
- Leadership Skills
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills; Attention to detail
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
- Mathematical Skills: Logical/Analytical, Percentages, Fractions. etc
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet
- Displays Teamwork and developing strong relationships with co-workers
- Travel <50%
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP