Safety Manager - Minneapolis, MN
PURIS – Minneapolis, MN
811 Glenwood Ave, Suite 230
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Safety Manager at PURIS you will be responsible for the overall leadership maintaining a Safety-First Culture in all PURIS operations and offices. You will utilize the following leading values: All injuries and Incidents are preventable, all incidents are investigated and acted upon, the Front Line organization is accountable, actions and behaviors cause injuries, “Off-job” safety is equivalent to “on-job” Safety, employee and Contractor Safety are the same.
Safety Managers must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop a Corporate wide Safety Policy and engage the entire company in Safety Leadership
- Leadership (meaning active participation) reinforcement, demonstrated management and commitment to Safety Practices from the most senior level employees down
- Implement a Safety Steering Team consisting of the Senior Management of the Company meeting at minimum quarterly
- Develop Clear Safety Goals and Objectives that will lead the organization to High Standards of Performance
- Develop Systems to assure effective two-way communications with all employees; (ex. Safety Committees, Safety News Letters, Time on the floor)
- Develop Continuous Training Programs that not only comply with OSHA regulations but develop Safe Work Behaviors
- Utilize Behavior Based Safety Concepts to drive 100% Safe Work Days for the Organization
- Organize Line Management Accountability to achieve Continuous Safety Improvement
- Develop Effective Safety Audits (1st and 2nd Party) for all working areas of the company
- Utilize Safety Metrics to understand what is working well and where gaps exist
- Complete on time Annual OSHA required reporting & documentation completion / filing
- Other projects and duties as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in safety management, industrial health and safety or a related field. Or greater than 5 Years in similar Manufacturing Industry leading Safety Improvement
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing and leading operational safety, preferably within the food industry with proven ability to deliver results.
- Certified safety professional – Minimum OSHA 10 & 40
- Experience leading safety across multiple manufacturing facilities, both union and non-union, required.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and integrate safety into manufacturing activities.
- Demonstrated working understanding of environmental agency requirements and compliance.
- Travel up to 50%
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP