Quality Assurance Technician - Oskaloosa, IA
4301 World Food Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Quality Assurance Manager
Week Nights: Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm- 2:30am
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a QA Technician at PURIS you are responsible for making sure our product meets specifications, both when arriving to and leaving our facility. You will ensure all required testing is done in a timely fashion and that other departments have the paperwork they need to operate. Must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore QA Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
QA Technicians must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform required tests or inspection designated for ingredients and finished products.
- Highlight out of specification results on analytical sheets
- Perform analytical and sensory testing in accordance with established work instructions and procedures.
- Perform all duties with a high level of accuracy in order to maintain the integrity of quality results.
- Filing documents, lab and production
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree in an industry-related field preferred
- 1 year Quality experience in a similar role, 3+ years highly preferred
- Possess a Quality mindset
- Must have a strong attention to detail
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Must be capable of working at elevated heights, lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to adapt to temperature & environmental extremes from hot to cold, noise, dust, dirt and chemicals.
- Must have the ability to stand/walk frequently during shift between lab and packing lines.
- Must be able to stand for 7+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. frequently
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP