Project Accountant - Minneapolis, MN
Minneapolis, MN Headquarters
811 Glenwood Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in over 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The Project Accountant is responsible for directly executing the financial, reporting, and administrative aspects of projects. This person is also charged with effective daily support and administration of the capital construction projects. The Project Accountant is responsible for up-to-date and timely reporting on the financial status of the project and projecting adherence to budget. The Project Accountant will implement comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the projects current and projected spend, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The Project Accountant is also responsible for various tasks in support of the entire project management platform. Additional activities include but are not limited to knowledge management and training, on boarding new employees, ad-hoc and static reporting internal to the project management team and to the leadership team, process improvement, and team communications.
The Project Accountant must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Project accounting including use of accounting systems and various databases
- Entry and maintenance of budgets, purchase orders, and change orders
- Invoicing approval, including verification of general contractors pay applications for completeness and adherence to contract terms and conditions
- Provide financial reports and project status information as needed
- Partner with Capital Construction Manager and Purchasing Manager on vendor negotiations
- Partner with AP and Construction Managers on approving invoices, ensuring work is completed in adherence to contract
- Partner with Plant Manager on hiring needs for both short and long term. Partner with People Operations to negotiate contract labor deals and execute hiring process for full-time requisitions
- Partner with Capital Construction Manager to execute quarterly vendor reviews to ensure performance is aligned with expectations
- Single point of contact for budget, training, process, general questions and issue resolution for project
- Metric based reporting internal to Project Management Team
- Other responsibilities related to the job directly ask by the supervisor
- Issue timely and complete project financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of project operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant experience
- 3-5 years project management experience
- Strong ability to influence and hold others accountable to plans
- Experience with Great Plains or other major ERP system a plus
- Travel up to 20%
- Primary work location will be at one of PURIS' Manufacturing Facilities
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP