Process Engineer - Minnesota
Puris – Minnesota
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Process Engineer at PURIS you will use your in-depth technical and process knowledge to improve process capability, design, implement and monitor critical control variables, and own PURIS pea protein, starch, and fiber manufacturing processes to ensure manufacturing outcomes meet or exceed company goals while maintaining a safe working environment.
Process Engineers must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provide Safety Leadership in all Process Engineering Activities. Lead or Participate on Teams reduce Hazards in our Operating Plants
- Key member of the Capital Project Team to ensure Process Design aligns with Critical Control Variables and Control Strategy
- Responsibility for the Development and Maintenance of the Entire Pea Protein Process Mass and Energy balance
- Provide the Technical Proficiency to collaborate with Overall Puris Team, and Customers to provide Protein and Ingredients Solutions to meet Market demands.
- Provide Pilot Plant assistance to prove processing concepts or produce Trial Quantities of New products
- Development and ownership of Process Startup Plan, Development of Operating Procedures and the Training Program
- Provide the Leadership of Continuous Improvement efforts on:
- Increase Plant Instantaneous Output by debottlenecking activities of Process
- Increased Plant Output with focus on OEE (Plant Uptime and Right First Time)
- Higher Yields and Recovery of Key Yellow Pea Components
- Reduce Processing Cost by new or alternate ingredients
- Capability of Managing small Capital Improvement Projects from design to implementation
- Lead or Participate on Teams to meet Troubleshooting challenges faced at the processing facility
Required Education and Experience:
- BA or BS in Chemical Engineering or Technical Degree with equivalent experience required, other engineers are acceptable.
- Experience in Production Engineering or Project Management within a food process oriented industry is highly desired.
- Prior project execution experience required, with 5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in New Plant or Process startup would be a bonus.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals.
- Demonstrated excellent technical skills and engineering knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and integrate safety into manufacturing activities.
- Demonstrated working understanding of environmental agency requirements and compliance.
- Familiarity with processing unit operations such as hydro-cyclones, evaporators, centrifuges, powder handling and packaging systems, batch reactors, multi-stage evaporation, drying equipment, tanks and vessels, process and utility piping, heat exchangers, boiler utility systems (e.g. steam, compressed air), pumps, and valves desired.
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Travel >50% of the time to Northern Mid-West states
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP