Process Engineer - Internship
PURIS – Turtle Lake
105 Maple St. S
Turtle Lake, WI 54889
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The goal of this engineering internship/co-op position is to provide opportunities for students to gain real world engineering experience in the Protein and Food Processing industry and to help students develop professionally in a progressive manner with an increasing amount of responsibility. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience while working under the supervision of experienced Process Engineers to meet the company goals pertaining to process improvement, design, product commercialization, and continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
All Process Engineers must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Support new processing equipment design and development.
- Support project management and installation of new commercial processing lines at factory
- Work with production, quality, and engineering teams to improve process control, efficiency, and output of the facility.
- Commit to and support EHS: actions visibly demonstrate that safety of self and others always takes first priority at work
- Work with onsite team on productivity projects and engineering studies.
- Learn how to size process systems and specify equipment such as pumps, automatic valves, flow meters, etc.
- Write scope documents and process descriptions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Pursuing a degree in technical, engineering or other relevant field
- Minimum GPA 2.7
- Pursuing a BS in Chemical Engineering or Technical Degree with equivalent experience required, other engineers are acceptable
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clear, informative, persuasive and collaborative verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, continuous learner who enjoys solving problems and challenges.
- Self-motivated and committed to safety and quality
- Work well independently and within diverse groups.
- Willingness to relocate desired, an ideal candidate would have the potential to be hired as a full-time Process Engineer following the internship or Co-Op
Documents required for application: Cover Letter, Resume, Academic Prep with grades and GPA (please include and indicate all transferred courses, along with courses in progress)
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP