Plant Technician - Randolph, MN
4620 284th St East
Randolph, MN 55065
Shift Lead / Plant Manager
2nd Shift 3pm – 11pm Monday thru Friday
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Plant Technician you will be responsible for all tasks involved in the receiving, packaging and shipping/loading out of soybeans. This includes receiving trucks, packaging soybeans in totes, bags or bulk and loading out in export shipping containers or dry van trailers. As a Plant Technician you will follow standard operating procedures and protocols for testing soybeans to ensure they meet specific customer contract specifications along with practicing safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Plant Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Plant Technicians must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Report any quality, equipment or general maintenance problems to the Plant Manager and/or Maintenance Technician
- Assist with trouble shooting and/or maintenance to assist in finding solutions
- Sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning the floors in the warehouse, plant, receiving and sampling/testing areas to ensure they are kept clean at all times
- Perform other tasks as required
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to demonstrate excellent work habits in line with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to push or pull equipment, bend, twist and lift 60 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to work in cold or hot and dusty environments.
- Comfortable working around and operating heavy equipment, man lift, grain augers, tractors, skid steer, forklifts, trucks, etc..
- Ability to climb ladders and or work from a man lift at heights from 6’ to 60’
- Ability to demonstrate safe working habits and integrate safety into manufacturing activities
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with little or no supervision
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to assist and work well with others
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety preferred
- OSHA 10 certification a plus
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP