Packaging Operator - Oskaloosa, IA
4301 World Food Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Packaging Technician you are responsible for making sure our product is properly packaged to work order specifications. Typical packaging consists of 2,000lb totes and 44lb. bags. This is a fast-paced position and the ideal applicant will enjoy and thrive on that style of work. To ensure product quality, Packaging Technicians maintain a clean work environment and are responsible for keeping their area tidy. Must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Packaging Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
In addition, the Packaging Technician must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for performing routine and non-routine tasks in a safe manner, in addition to supporting and abiding by the safety culture.
- Responsible for accurate packaging of our product, as well as completing necessary documentation to ensure accurate inventory reporting and traceability.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience in Manufacturing preferred
- Prior fork truck experience preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable, and punctual, as well as being able to fulfill obligations.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks and documentation.
- Analytical Thinking- Job requires analyzing information and using logic to problem-solve work-related issues.
- Cooperation- Job requires being pleasant with others and displaying a good-natured, cooperative, and can-do attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility- Job requires being flexible when faced with change.
- Independence- Requires being able to work independently and follow through with assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Writing and understanding written sentences, paragraphs, and directions in work related documents.
- Be able to use effective time management skills and be able to prioritize tasks
- Capable of interacting with Computer Work Stations to monitor and make changes to the process equipment to ensure meeting Critical Variables.
- Must be able to stand for 9+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to safely mount and dismount a fork truck regularly during your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. bags frequently
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP