Manufacturing Technician - Turtle Lake, WI
Puris – Turtle Lake
105 Maple St. S
Turtle Lake, WI 54889
SHIFT TEAM LEAD
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Manufacturing Technician at PURIS you are responsible for running high tech plant systems including separations systems, horizontal decanter centrifuges, and dryers. Technicians operate equipment within pre-defined conditions to ensure that quality product is produced within specifications at all times. Close attention to detail, the ability to identify variations, and make adjustments are key in this role. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Manufacturing Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Manufacturing Technicians must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Performs all duties in a safe manner and follows all plant safety policies and procedures
- Complete all documentation as required
- Efficiently start up, operate, and shut down process systems
- Utilize plant HMI system to effectively operate plant process systems
- Troubleshoot system issues and make necessary adjustments
- Ensure product quality by adhering to all food safety programs and good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Perform light maintenance and upkeep on process equipment
- Ensure high hygiene zones are maintained to proper standards at all time
- Perform and document all clean in place (CIP), daily sanitation, and master sanitation duties as scheduled
- Make adjustments to process equipment to ensure a proper flow of product through all systems
- Immediately report equipment issues or down time to Team Lead
- Assist maintenance on repair of process equipment
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- GED or high school degree
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in manufacturing or liquid processing environment
- Experience operating spray dryers, horizontal decanter centrifuges, peeler centrifuges, or process controls a plus
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Capable of Interacting with HMI systems to monitor and make changes to the process equipment to ensure meeting Critical Variables
- Capable of learning systems and control strategy through written and oral instructions
- Must be able to stand for 10+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. bags on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP