Maintenance Technician - Oskaloosa, IA
4301 World Food Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
6:00pm- 6:30am - Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Maintenance Technician at PURIS you are responsible for ensuring any and all maintenance work is completed to keep the facility running. This will include both scheduled and unscheduled. Must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Maintenance Technicians must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
In addition, the maintenance technician must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: integrity, leadership, openness, global vision, adaptability, and partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Discuss work orders, equipment malfunctions and job task coordination with co-workers.
- Assess whether designs meet technical specifications, performance requirements and regulations.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience preferred; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience is a plus.
- Experience with liquid pumping systems, rotating equipment and piping systems.
- Experience with maintenance type welding activities and Boiler Operations.
- Experience with rigging equipment to pick and place machinery and parts, fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach and align motors, connect coupling and belts.
- Experience performing predictive and operation maintenance user laser alignment tooling, vibrational analysis and destructive/non-destructive testing, service and repair hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience in Manufacturing required
- Prior fork truck experience preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
- Ability to operate various pieces of heavy machinery
- OSHA 10 hour a plus
- Must be able to stand for 6+ hours of your shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to safely mount and dismount a fork truck regularly during your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. frequently
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on a regular basis
- Ability to follow safety and quality standards while completing scheduled/unscheduled work
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP