Operations Technician - Oskaloosa, IA
4301 World Food Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Weekend Days 6:00am - 6:30pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Weekend Nights 6:00pm - 6:30am Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As an Operations Technician at PURIS you are responsible for ensuring that the flour line(s) have a 90% up time, per shift. To ensure product quality, you will maintain a clean work environment and are responsible for keeping your area tidy. Must be able to abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore Line Operators must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Operations Technicians must also embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for performing routine and non-routine tasks in a safe manner, in addition to supporting and abiding by the safety culture
- Responsible for monitoring gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure the process is operating within Critical Variable Range; take immediate corrective action for all test results that do not meet Critical Control Variables
- Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance; take immediate corrective action to all test results that do not meet Critical Control Variables
- This position will act as a back-up for Shift Leaders in their absence. They must become knowledgeable about all shift processes and procedures, this includes, but is not limited to, all processing lines, conditioning, shipping, and receiving
- Perform other tasks as required
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience in Manufacturing preferred
- Prior fork truck experience preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety a plus
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Writing and understanding written sentences, paragraphs, and directions in work related documents
- Be able to use effective time management skills and be able to prioritize tasks
- Capable of interacting with Computer Work Stations to monitor and make changes to the process equipment to ensure meeting Critical Variables
- Must be able to stand for 9+ hours of your shift
- Must be able to climb stairs several times throughout the course of your shift
- Must be able to lift 50 lb. bags on occasion
- Must be able to work safely at heightened platforms on occasion
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP