Facility Manager - Wilmington, IL
PURIS25000 W. Design Road
Wilmington, IL 60481
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Facility Manager at PURIS you are responsible for overseeing daily production, production planning & all site operations, including transloading at the Wilmington, IL conditioning facility. This includes management of the staff, production operators and shipping/receiving personnel. You will work closely with support department heads comprised of Quality Assurance & Safety, Maintenance / Reliability, HR, Procurement & Logistics. The Facility Manager must lead a culture of Safety and abide by PURIS’ SOPs, SSOPs, and Quality Standards at all times. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore the Facility Manager must adhere to and enforce all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
The Facility Manager must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop Monthly Production plans for the plant to align with the demands of our customers and production capabilities.
- Lead Transloading business and ensure all incoming loads are unloaded, documentation completed, cars released, and outgoing loads are loaded accurately and efficiently.
- Collaborate with other personnel to manage staffing levels to obtain optimal efficiency while controlling operational expenses & OT
- Daily interaction with procurement & warehousing to ensure material flow in and out of the plant is optimal for operations and that the appropriate documentation is executed accurately and completely
- Manage production supplies and inventories to appropriate levels
- Work with the Puris Team to ensure finished product inventories are correct and under control.
- LMA; Lead, Manage and Hold Team Accountable for Performance
- Develop & Train a Self-reliant Manufacturing Team
- Develop plant KPI’s and coach staff in regards to their importance
- Develop cost reduction/operation improvement programs through analysis of KPI’s
- Provide budgetary input for areas of responsibility
- Work closely with the QA personnel to help develop/review and implement programs to ensure plant quality targets are achieved. SOP & plant sanitation is always evolving.
- Leads by example and drives the plant culture in all aspects of Safety, Productivity & Quality
- Help develop/review programs with Maintenance to ensure operational reliability targets are met and equipment availability is scheduled for proper PM tasks.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience in Production Management desired. Experience in a grain conditioning, warehousing/transloading facility is highly beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural or Processing Operations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead, and work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals
- Demonstrated ability to lead and integrate safety into manufacturing activities
- Familiarity with cleaning & processing unit operations such as conveyors, bucket elevators, grain dryers, aspirators, air classifiers, and screeners
- Demonstrated experience in strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clear, informative, persuasive and collaborative verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment
The Facility Manager position is vital to the success of the conditioning facility in Wilmington, IL. This position is the key link between WFP PURIS executives and all operations personnel providing statistical data and ensuring key targets are met to achieve optimum plant performance.
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP