Controls Engineer - Turtle Lake, WI
105 Maple St. S
Turtle Lake, WI 54889
Process Engineering Manager
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As the Controls Engineer you are responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the electrical and controls systems within the facility to ensure maximum output of the process system. The Controls Engineer uses Predicative and Preventative maintenance activities to maintain good health of all electrical systems and provide leadership on new and existing infrastructure. Safety is our #1 priority, therefore the Controls Engineer must adhere to all plant policies with regard to Safety, Food Safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices.
Engineers must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Install, Maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
- Provide leadership on new and existing electrical infrastructure to maintain facility compliance with electrical code
- Identify chronic Electrical and Instrumentation issues and implement improvement plans
- Responsible for maintaining in good health, all electrical systems (Power Distribution, MCC, Instrumentation and Controls Systems) with Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Strategies
- Inspect, test, and troubleshoot electrical systems and their components
- Interact with Reliability Leadership to schedule Preventive and Predictive maintenance activities.
- Utilize work order system, CMMS, and record material utilized on jobs
- Provide basic support of network infrastructure, and lead interactions with contracted IT services.
- Utilize blueprints, electrical diagrams, P&IDs, and manufacturer installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Assist in Day to Day troubleshooting of electrical, controls, VFDs and PLC programming
- Develop a training plan for maintenance technicians to be capable of troubleshooting electrical and controls issues.
- Provide technical assistance to Team Members in person, over the phone and through email. Available for night-time technical support when needed.
- Interact with contractors to balance electrical and controls work with Puris capabilities.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2-5 years of Industrial experience and/or 2-5 years of education in Electronics or Industrial Electricity preferred.
- Must have a good working knowledge to include, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and repair of VFDs, Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs, Computers, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance.
- Familiarization with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-A&B control systems
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP