Minneapolis, MN Headquarters
811 Glenwood Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Capital Projects Engineering Manager
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As the Construction Manager you will be responsible for leading, supporting and executing assigned construction projects in a safe, timely, high quality, and cost-effective manner. You will manage both internal and external resources to drive project strategy, budgeting, and execution. The construction manager will support efforts to increase capacity, reduce costs, bring new products to market, and ensure food and people safety. Focus includes all areas of project management including resource allocation, cost management, time and schedule management, quality control, contract administration, and safety management.
The Construction Manager must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Sets and manages expectations with subcontractors; inspects work and cost allocation for acceptable work and materials
- Demonstrates proactive and organized bid analysis to ensure best quality and cost and effectively negotiates with subcontractors and suppliers on all issues affecting cost, schedule, and quality
- Effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among various stakeholders
- Manages contract adherence and provides input on subcontractor selection
- Uses sound judgment to implement jobsite compliance, permitting programs and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable regulations such as building codes, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health and safety programs
- Ensures work is performed on all sites in accordance with OSHA, applicable construction standards, and PURIS safety and GMP standards
- Identifies, investigates and communicates project risk associated with project timeline, cost and safety
- Manages work against established project controls and timelines to ensure that all stakeholders perform on schedule and on budget
- Integrate construction efforts with the Capital Projects Engineering Manager
- Conduct regular meetings with project team and plant operations to communicate progress, set priorities and schedule adherence
- Monitor, control and report on actual expenditures against budget
- Motivate, lead and boost morale of project teams
- Responsible for team cohesiveness of internal and external team members to drive the strategic operations plan
- Project evaluation for continuous improvement. Identifying, documenting and communicating lessons learned to the appropriate functions.
Required Education and Experience
- 5+ Years Construction Project experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Construction Management, Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering degree a plus
- OSHA 10/30 hr Construction Safety Training Completed in the past year
Required Skills and Capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to execute budgets, schedules and resources for engineering and construction efforts for assigned projects
- Ability to anticipate and mediate conflict; develop solutions to satisfy mutual agreement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Willingness to travel to construction sites as assigned in the Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa region
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Must hold a current driver’s license
- Travel >50% of the time to Northern Mid-West States
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.