Conditioning Technician - Oskaloosa, IA
4301 World Food Avenue
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
2nd 3:00pm-11:30pm, Monday-Friday
PURIS produces and provides non-GMO, organic, vegan, allergen-free pea protein to food manufacturers for use in a variety of sustainable food products. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
The Conditioning Technician is primarily responsible for ensuring trucks are received in a timely and efficient manner, that the cleaning facility is running properly and that the product meets all specifications before being transferred to necessary locations. In addition, the Conditioning Technician must adhere to and embody the PURIS core values: integrity, leadership, openness, global vision, adaptability, and partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for ensuring the cleaning line uptime is above 90% of the shift
- Will be required to receive trucks on occasion
- Coordination with Quality Assurance required
- Assist with bulk loadout of product frequently
- Responsible for monitoring gauges, dials, or other indicators in conditioning to ensure the process is operating within Critical Variable Range; take immediate corrective action for all test results that do not meet Critical Control Variables
- Quality Control Analysis- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance; take immediate corrective action to all test results that do not meet Critical Control Variables
- Perform other tasks as required
Required Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of GMPs and Food Safety highly preferred
- Experience and/or certificate in grain grading highly preferred
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Knowledge of loading/unloading best practices
- Must be adaptable, detail oriented, and safety oriented
- Must be able to understand and independently follow through with processes
- Must be able to stand for at least 85% of your shift
- Must be able to climb ladders frequently in a safe manner
- Prior experience in Manufacturing preferred
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP