Capital Projects Engineering Manager - Turtle Lake, WI
105 Maple St S
Turtle Lake WI 54889
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As the Capital Projects Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading, supporting and executing assigned capital construction projects in a safe, timely, high quality, and cost-effective manner. You will lead and manage both internal and external resources to drive project strategy, budgeting, and execution. The engineering manager will support efforts to increase capacity, reduce costs, bring new products to market, and ensure food and people safety. Focus includes all areas of project management including resource allocation, cost management, time and schedule management, quality control, contract administration, reporting, and safety management.
The Capital Projects Engineering Manager must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that Safety is the Highest priority on the job site.
- Ensures work is performed on all sites in accordance with OSHA, applicable construction standards, and PURIS safety and GMP standards
- Manages work against established project controls and timetables to ensure that all stakeholders perform on schedule and on budget.
- Manages multiphase construction project, leading 5-7 Construction Managers on project
- Identifies, investigates and communicates project risk associated with project timeline, cost and safety
- Standardize project execution process to improve the performance of Spending management and schedule accuracy
- Sets and manages expectations with subcontractors; inspects work and cost allocation for acceptable work and materials
- Demonstrates a proactive and organized bid analysis to ensure best quality and cost and effectively negotiates with subcontractors and suppliers on all issues affecting cost, schedule, and quality
- Effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among various stakeholders
- Manages contract adherence and provides input on subcontractor selection
- Uses sound judgment to implement job site compliance, permitting programs and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable regulations such as building codes, environmental laws, SWPPP, and health and safety programs
- Integrate construction efforts with the Plant Manager, COO, and others.
- Conduct regular meetings with project team and plant operations to communicate progress, set priorities and schedule adherence
- Monitor, control and report on actual expenditures against budget
- Motivate, lead and boost morale of project teams
- Responsible for team cohesiveness of internal and external team members to drive the strategic operations plan
- Project evaluation for continuous improvement. Identifying, documenting and communicating lessons learned to the appropriate functions.
- Support site start-up team and troubleshoot issues when they arise. If required, work with vendor technicians to remediate issues.
- Own strategy and build-out of team of A-players to meet long term Construction needs to meet PURIS business growth
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ Years Construction Project experience
- Bachelor’s degree; Construction Management, Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering degree a plus
- Demonstrated ability to execute budgets, schedules and resources for engineering and construction efforts for assigned projects
- Ability to anticipate and mediate conflict; develop solutions to satisfy mutual agreement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Willingness to travel to construction sites as assigned, up to 80% travel anticipated
- Must hold a current driver’s license
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP